What Is Black Mold?
In many cases where moisture is involved, mold damage can actually be prevented. Mold growth can often be found behind a bathroom wall or under a sink. However, if there is a visible fungus on a wall's surface, more mold will likely grow below or behind it. To prevent black mold from growing in your Colorado Springs home, you need to call SERVPRO as soon as you notice water damage. The best way to avoid mold growth is to remove the water. Mold cannot grow without the moisture from water. This is why it is important for homeowners to call SERVPRO of Layton /Kaysville immediately when your home is flooded from a pipe break.
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of Layton / Kaysville immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (385) 489-1889
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Layton / Kaysville is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Hill Air Force Base
- Fruit Heights
- South Weber